Mixing 150 EUR/song
It takes more than a lot of tracks to make a music production. Mixing is an art form in its own right, dealing with levels, tone, dynamics, applying effects, and more. Simply put, it’s about creating something that is more than just the sum of its parts.
- All tracks are available (e. g. via Dropbox) as files in an uncompressed or lossless compressed format (preferably WAV, other formats on request).
- All tracks share a common starting point within the song.
- Title, tempo and time signature of the song
- Existing rough mix, if possible, and/or examples of commercial productions as a tonal or stylistic reference
- The more I know about your wishes, the more likely the result will meet your expectations!
In the studio:
Following your order I will create a mix that sounds as good as possible to my ears. You receive a preliminary version as a stereo MP3 file to review in your usual listening environment. If required, my service also includes up to two revisions to address specific change requests.
The finished mix is available for you to download as a high resolution stereo WAV file (other formats on request).
Mastering 30 EUR/song
You have a number of songs, completed and mixed, and would like to assemble an album? In this case you may want to consider to have them mastered. As individual tracks are being refined and put into context in mixing, you can think of mastering as a fairly similar process applied to whole songs. The goal is, too, to create something you will perceive as "a greater whole".
- All songs are available as files in an uncompressed or lossless compressed format (preferably WAV, other formats on request).
- Song order
- Position and length of a fade-outs, where applicable
- Length of the pauses between songs, if already settled
- Metadata for all songs (title, artist, genre, …) in the exact way they should be displayed on appropriate players
- Examples of commercial productions to be guided by, if desired
In the studio:
Following your order I will create a master that sounds as good as possible to my ears. You receive a preliminary version with a special playback software, containing the whole album, for you to be able to review sound and sequence of the songs (incl. pauses) in your usual listening environment. Metadata are included as well and should be double-checked one last time. If required, my service also includes up to two revisions to address specific change requests.
I can provide the finished master in various formats, for example audio CD or DDP-image, depending on the intended subsequent processing (burning, pressing plant). The desired format is subject to prior approval - please don’t forget to mention your wishes in advance!
Mastering is particularly relevant in the context of an album, meaning a compilation of multiple songs. But of course I also offer single mastering, i. e. finishing touches on an individual song after the mix is done, as and when required. Here you will receive a CD quality WAV file (16 bit, 44.1 kHz) from which you can immediately create an audio CD with a qualified burning software.
Prices effective from 2020-07-01.
Errors and changes excepted.